ESA Job Board » View Position
Applied Ecology, Tenure Track Appointment
Metropolitan State University
Saint Paul, MN
Biology (Applied Ecology) Faculty
College of Arts and Sciences
Probationary, Tenure-Track Appointment*
Metropolitan State University, America's premier university for lifelong learning, is seeking applicants for a full-time tenure-track position of Biology (Applied Ecology) Faculty in the College of Arts and Sciences to begin August, 2013. Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in biology and ecology; advising; research and scholarly activity, and participation in faculty governance. Candidates are expected to be committed to multiculturalism and working with a diverse student body.
- Ph.D. in ecology, conservation biology or related field by time of appointment.
- Ability to teach a broad range of graduate and undergraduate science courses including applied ecology (restoration, invasion, conservation, pollution and/or wetland ecology), general biology, ecology, and general education courses as determined by the successful candidate's area of expertise.
- Successful teaching experience in science.
- Demonstrated commitment to student centered education and laboratory activity in the undergraduate curriculum.
- Plans for research and scholarly activity that are a good fit for this primarily undergraduate teaching-focused institution.
- Excellent ability to communicate with and work with a wide range of people.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving a culturally diverse student body.
- Experience with and commitment to teaching science in a liberal arts and sciences context.
- Relevant work experience in research, industry or government.
The University: Metropolitan State University, a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, serves approximately 11,000 students in the greater Twin Cities Metropolitan area. We are the most diverse university in the system, with approximately 31% of our students coming from communities of color. The university offers programs leading to baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Visit our web site at http://www.metrostate.edu
Salary: Salary is commensurate with education and experience, and is determined by the salary placement process as outlined in the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) Master Agreement
* Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/IFO_09_11_Contract.pdf
For the most current information on the IFO, go to www.ifo.org
Application: To apply, go to http://agency.governmentjobs.com/metrostatemn/default.cfm
Applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, February 8, 2013.
Qualified applicants are required to attach the following documents to their online application:
- Cover letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position.
- Current curriculum vita or resume.
- One page statement of teaching philosophy and/or examples of teaching effectiveness.
- Three letters of recommendation, including at least one addressing your teaching skills.
- Names of four (4) references with addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Transcripts - Valid unofficial copies of your transcript showing conferred/awarded date, your name and the academic institution's name/logo are required. We do not accept copy/paste word documents with a list of courses/grades or DARS reports. If selected for hire, official original transcripts will be required.
If you need help submitting your online application, please contact NEO GOV @ 1-877-204-4442, option 1, for technical assistance.
If you have other questions related to this job announcement, please contact Human Resources, Search & Selection Specialist, Jody (Mary) Anderson at 651.793.1811. TTY users call 651.772.7687.
Notice: In accordance with the MnSCU Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
Metropolitan State University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, including transgender status or gender expression, marital status, national
origin, citizenship status, age, disability, or veteran's status in employment, education,
and all other areas of the University. The University provides reasonable accommodations
to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.