Looking for records on early (or other) ecologists? Here are some options:
- See our Microbiographies of Plant Ecologists (we are in the process of moving these over to this site).
- Search for a specific name using the search option at the top of any page
- Who were ESA’s earliest members? (list)
- Browse all biographies on this website
- Check out recent award winners here, and those all the way back
- Those who have served in ESA are recorded at the officers page
- Obituaries and resolutions of respect for deceased members.
- See this table of simplified biographical information with links to the ESA Bulletin
- Check our new list (in progress) of book-length biographies and autobiographies of ecologists.
And, if you just want to kibbutz, feel free to take advantage of the comments opportunity at any page to let us know when praise is due, or you see a flaw in our information, or to share information you have. This project is bigger than all of us—we welcome your help!
Don’t you love these old photos?
It’s fun to check out pioneers in ecology!
- W. G. McGinnies, University of Arizona
- Ada Hayden, Iowa State University
- R. Keinholz, Connecticut
- William S. Cooper, University of Minnesota
- Charles F. Hottes, University of Illinois
- Raymond J. Pool, University of Nebraska
- Edwin B. Powers, University of Tennessee
- George Elwood Nichols, Yale University
- Leslie A. Kenoyer, Western Michigan State Teachers College
- J. M. Aikman, Iowa State University
- J. A. Larsen, Iowa State University
- T. L. Steiger, University of Nebraska
- Bell, USDA
- Herbert C. Hansen, North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station
- Victor E. Shelford, University of Illinois
- George D. Fuller, University of Chicago
- Arthur G. Vestal, University of Illinois
- Fraser, Indiana
- T. J. Fitzpatrick, University of Nebraska
- John E. Weaver, University of Nebraska
- Barrington Moore, UK
- A. O. Weese, University of Oklahoma
- W. C. Allee, University of Chicago