Microbial Ecology Student Travel Awards
The application deadline is now passed. We will inform winners by mid-July and will have information about them at our ESA section booth at the annual meeting.
This year we will have two awards of $500 each to graduate or undergraduate students presenting a talk or poster at the ESA 2014 meeting. One of these scholarships is sponsored by membership dues, and one is sponsored by the journal Microbial Ecology. Priority will be given to students in need, and whose research connects the field of microbial ecology to the broader ecological community and encompasses the theme of the 2014 meeting “From Oceans to Mountains.”
Applicants should send:
- A cover letter, which includes an email address, explaining why their research is the best fit for this award
- A copy of the abstract they submitted to ESA
- Proof of acceptance of the abstract by ESA
- Documentation of ESA and Microbial Ecology section membership
- One letter of recommendation from a faculty member/supervisor
As a combined PDF document to email@example.com, with “ESA Student Travel Award Application” in the subject line. The due date is May 27 and feel free to e-mail with questions.