Welcome to the ESA Policy Section!
June 8, 2018
We have MANY exciting events planned for the ESA Annual Meeting in New Orleans, LA! Come check them out on our annual meeting page.
Also, the deadline for student travel awards is Friday June 15, 2018. See the application requirements on our policy awards page.
October 6, 2017
Election results: Sarah Anderson (Chair), Anjali Kumar (Chair-elect), Caroline Ridley (Secretary)
Call for nominations
It is again time to elect new officers to the Policy Section. Election information is as follows:
- All of the section officers are up for election
- Chair – one year term (Fall 2017 – Fall 2018)
- Chair-Elect – one year term (Fall 2017 – Fall 2018, becomes chair for Fall 2018-2019 when new chair-elect is elected)
- Secretary – one year term (Fall 2017-Fall 2018)
- Nominations Due September 22, 2017
- Serving as a section officer is a great way to get more involved in the section, and all section members are eligible to run for a position, regardless of career stage or length of previous section membership.
- A full description of officer duties can be found in our section bylaws. If you would like to talk more about the duties of any of these officers, can contact Astrid Caldas (firstname.lastname@example.org).
July 27, 2017
Volunteers for Section Booth
April 2, 2017
- Policy Section Travel Support Awards – Applications open
October 17, 2016
- Election results: Astrid Caldas (Chair), Riley Buley (Secretary)
August 4, 2016
October 13, 2015
- Election results: Andrea Maguire (Chair), Julian Reyes (Secretary)
April 6, 2015: ESA Student Blog post on Policy Section | Science-Policy Interface: Where the Science of Ecology Meets the Public Domain of Decision Making
What you’ll find on our page: