Guidelines for Oral Presentations at the 2007 ESA/SER Joint Meeting
- Presentation Length: Speakers for contributed oral presentations and for organized oral sessions are allowed 15 minutes for presentation. Speakers in symposia are allowed time as determined by their symposium organizer. A 5 minute period between talks allows for questions, discussion, and introduction of the next speaker. This 5 minute period belongs to the audience and to the presiders, not to the speakers. TIME LIMITS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED BY SESSION PRESIDERS.
- Electronic Format: Microsoft PowerPoint, Windows XP which will include: Microsoft Office XP and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0 are the only acceptable audiovisual formats for electronic presentations. Each meeting room will be equipped with an LCD projector and dedicated PC laptop operating on Windows 2000, and loaded with MS Office 2000 and Adobe Acrobat 6.0. It is your responsibility to make sure that your presentation will run under this system. Newer versions of PowerPoint files may not work ? save your files in a format compatible with MS Office 2000 for Windows 2000, or with Adobe Acrobat Reader 6.0!! Corel presentations are NOT supported. Embedded animation or graphics are NOT supported. MAC format is NOT supported.
- Presentation Loading: All presenters will be expected to pre-load their presentations 20 minutes before the start of their session onto the dedicated laptop in the room in which they will be presenting. Acceptable media: Discs, CDs, Zip disks, Flash drives. You will need to ensure that these are compatible with our laptops.
- Abstract Cancellations: Before submitting an abstract, authors should be confident that they will attend the meeting and make the presentation. If circumstances prevent attendance, the author should attempt to find another person to make the presentation. If cancellation is unavoidable, the author should notify Marie Fredlake (Acting Program Assistant) (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible. Cancellation after the May 1, 2007 Cancellation Deadline will result in a $60 fee.
- No Show Penalty: Failure to give a scheduled presentation is disruptive to the program. Therefore, ESA /SER has adopted a cancellation policy. If an author fails to present his/her presentation and does not arrange for a co-author or other alternate person to present the abstract, the author will be charged a $60 fee.
- The "one-talk" rule: To ensure maximum participation, each person is allowed to give only one contributed oral, poster, symposium, or organized oral session presentation. However, a person may be a co-author on several abstracts. Authors or presenters may also serve as session presiders or organizers of symposia, organized oral sessions, workshops, or evening or special sessions.