About SEEDS » Partnerships and Opportunities » REU Supplemental Award Registration
NSF Division of Environmental Biology
REU Supplemental Awards
The Ecological Society of America (ESA) SEEDS program is pleased to announce a new opportunity for PIs with REU supplemental funding for undergraduate research. Made possible by a grant from NSF, SEEDS can help you recruit underrepresented students for your REU supplemental award associated with the NSF Division of Environmental Biology (DEB). For PIs interested in a partnership with SEEDS, we will be creating a clearinghouse of REU supplemental research opportunities on our web site to widely promote within our program.
Established in 1996, the mission of SEEDS is to promote diversity within the ecology profession. We have received national recognition for the tremendous impact of SEEDS on supporting diverse thought in the ecological community. ESA invites you to register your REU supplemental opportunity with SEEDS. The benefits of participation are:
- broad advertising of your opportunity to the SEEDS network and partners,
- customized recruitment of underrepresented students with research interests matching your program,
- support and leadership development opportunities for participating students ,
- recognition during the ESA Annual Meeting as a supporter of diversity in undergraduate research, and
- a built-in infrastructure to track students’ career progress over time.
In partnership, we encourage you to include travel funds of $1,500 in your budget for the SEEDS student to present their research and participate in SEEDS events at the ESA Annual Meeting the following year. If you plan to apply, or currently have REU supplemental funds to support undergraduate research and are interested in this opportunity, please register your program. Please contact Melissa Armstrong at Melissa@esa.org with any further questions.