The SEEDS program offers Alumni Travel Awards to former SEEDS students who are continuing in an ecology career and wish to attend the ESA Annual Meeting and serve as near peers in the support network for SEEDS undergraduate students. The 100th ESA Annual Meeting – Ecological Science at the Frontier: Celebrating ESA’s Centennial will be held in Baltimore, Maryland from August 9-14, 2015.
- participation in a SEEDS event in the past (field trip, ESA Annual Meeting, or fellowship)
- have completed or are currently enrolled in a graduate program in an institution within the United Sates
- Submitted a presentation for the 2015 ESA Annual Meeting – Apply HERE!
Participants are selected based academic promise, potential for serving as a mentor or teacher, and demonstrated pursuit of a career in ecology and commitment to increasing opportunities for underrepresented students. Preference will be given to students who:
- demonstrate the pursuit of ecology (i.e. attending graduate school)
- plan to present research at the meeting
- exhibit promise in contributing to the ecology program at their home institution or in their community
- show promise as an educator or mentor.
Students that submit abstracts to present have a better chance of being selected for the award.
- Contact Information
- Academic Information
- Meeting Information (If you are presenting, we require that you submit your abstract number or URL address). Submit your abstract HERE before completing the application below.
- Letter of Recommendation (to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Resume (PDF or Word documents preferred – add your name to the document title)
- An Essay (500 word max.)
Deadline for application: March 2, 2015.
Deadline for Letter of Recommendation: March 6, 2015.