SEEDS Graduate Alumni Travel Awards:
The SEEDS program offers Alumni Travel Awards to former SEEDS students who are continuing in an ecology career and wish to attend the ESA Annual Meeting and serve as near peers in the support network for SEEDS undergraduate students.
The 2016 ESA Annual Meeting – Novel Ecosystems in the Anthropocene will be held in Fort Lauderdale, Florida from August 7-12, 2016.
SEEDS Graduate Alumni Travel Award recipients receive $800.00 to help cover the cost of attending the meeting.
- participation in a SEEDS event in the past (Field Trip, ESA Annual Meeting, Leadership Meeting or Fellowship)
- have completed or are currently enrolled in a graduate program in an institution within the United Sates
- Submitted a presentation for the 2016 ESA Annual Meeting – HERE!
Participants are selected based on; potential for serving as a mentor or teacher, and demonstrated pursuit of a career in ecology and commitment to increasing opportunities for underrepresented students. Each selected SEEDS Alumni will be mentoring a group of undergraduate participants.
Preference will be given to students who:
- have experience mentoring
- demonstrate the pursuit of ecology (i.e. attending graduate school)
- plan to present research at the meeting
- exhibit promise in contributing to the ecology program at their home institution or in their community
- show promise as an educator or mentor.
Students that submit abstracts to present have a better chance of being selected for the award.
- Contact Information
- Academic Information
- Meeting presentations (oral or poster) information
- Resume or CV (PDF preferred – add your name to the document title)
- An Essay (500 word max.)
Applications for the 2016 AM have closed. Please visit this website in early Spring for updates for 2017.