SEEDS Graduate Alumni Travel Awards:
The SEEDS program offers Alumni Travel Awards to former SEEDS students who are continuing in an ecology career and wish to attend the ESA Annual Meeting and serve as near peers in the support network for SEEDS undergraduate students.
The 102nd ESA Annual Meeting – Linking biodiversity, material cycling and ecosystems services in a changing world will be held at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon from August 6-11, 2017.
SEEDS Graduate Alumni Travel Award recipients receive an $800 travel scholarship to attend the ESA Annual Meeting
- participation in a SEEDS event in the past (Field Trip, ESA Annual Meeting, Leadership Meeting or Fellowship)
- have completed or are currently enrolled in a graduate program in an institution within the United Sates
- Submitted a presentation for the 2017 ESA Annual Meeting – HERE!
Participants are selected based on; potential for serving as a mentor or teacher, and demonstrated pursuit of a career in ecology and commitment to increasing opportunities for underrepresented students. Each selected SEEDS Alumni will be mentoring a group of undergraduate participants.
Preference will be given to students who:
- have experience mentoring
- demonstrate the pursuit of ecology (i.e. attending graduate school)
- plan to present research at the meeting
- exhibit promise in contributing to the ecology program at their home institution or in their community
- show promise as an educator or mentor.
Students that submit abstracts to present have a better chance of being selected for the award.
- Contact Information
- Academic Information
- Meeting presentations (oral or poster) information
- Resume or CV (PDF preferred – add your name to the document title)
- An Essay (500 word max.)