The 100th ESA Annual Meeting – Ecological Science at the Frontier: Celebrating ESA’s Centennial will be held in Baltimore, Maryland from August 9-14, 2015.
Who is eligible to apply?
- Undergraduate students from underrepresented minority groups – as well as other students – with a demonstrated commitment to the program’s mission
- Undergraduate students enrolled in an institution within the United Sates
- students who graduated in December or May in the same academic year of the meeting for which they’re applying
Participants are selected based on academic promise, interest in exploring a career in ecology, potential for serving as a mentor and teacher, and demonstrated commitment to increasing opportunities for underrepresented students.
Preference will be given to students who:
- demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career in ecology
- submit abstracts to present at the meeting (poster, oral or special presentations) – Submit HERE! Submit before applying below.
- exhibit promise in contributing to the ecology program at their home institution or in their community
- show promise as an educator or mentor
The meeting experience is enhanced for students by pairing them with a meeting mentor – who is an ESA member graduate student or ecologist – and providing an alumni network to help them gain the most from the meeting experience.
- Contact Information
- Academic Information
- Meeting Information (If you are presenting, we require that you submit your abstract number or URL address). Submit your presentation HERE before completing the application below.
- Letter of Recommendation (to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Resume (PDF or Word documents preferred – add your name to the document title)
- An Essay (500 word max.)
Applications will OPEN on January 15 and will remain open until February 20, 2015.