SEEDS Partnerships for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) Fellowship
Applications are now closed.
Please check back in Fall 2015 for 2016 opportunities.
The SPUR Fellowship is the highest honor in the SEEDS program, and fellows are encouraged to be the outstanding leaders in the future of ESA. The award supports the undergraduate student in designing and conducting an ecology research project of interest. SEEDS has established partnerships with field stations and mentors to offer exciting summer opportunities that will be tailored to meet your interests, career objectives and growth as a scientist. For most opportunities, no prior research experiences is necessary.
The SPUR Fellowship will run from March 2015 through August 2016. The award includes:
- a paid summer research or internship opportunity with a partner site with housing, travel and research expenses covered
- travel expenses to the 2015 and 2016 SEEDS Leadership Meetings (or equivalent)
- travel expenses to the 2016 ESA Annual Meeting in Fort Lauderdale, FL from August 7-12, 2016.
- additional SEEDS $500 award given at the 2016 ESA Annual Meeting after completing all requirements.
- Undergraduate students seeking a Bachelors degree (preferably with graduation date no earlier than Spring 2016 preferred), or
- Associate degree with the intention of receiving a Bachelors degree
- Supports the mission of SEEDS
- Underrepresented minority, low income, first generation college and veteran students are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Able to work in a highly independent manner – (Most often mentors are located in different areas from the fellow’s home institution. SEEDS staff and the rest of the fellowship cohort will also be located at distance.)
- Maintain regular and reliable communication via email, phone, and web meetings
- Must participate in scheduled web meetings with SEEDS staff and the fellowship cohort
- Meet all deadlines
- Maintain a LinkedIn profile and acknowledge the Fellowship on LinkedIn profiles, conference abstracts and proceedings and publications as specified (instructions will be provided)
For Details, Please Click On The Following Links:
When You Are Ready To Apply, Click Here:
Diversity Programs Coordinator