ESA is committed to hosting a safe event for all participants and to this end, requires all attendees to comply with safety precautions specified by local authorities in addition to the World Health Organization (WHO) and US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and recommendations.
By acknowledging these protocols and waiver of liability, I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
- COVID-19. I am aware of the existence of COVID-19, and that my participation in an in-person meeting may cause injury, illness or death to myself and/or my family. ESA highly recommends that all attendees are vaccinated and boosted for covid-19 prior to attending the conference.
- Symptoms. I will not attend in-person if I have experienced symptoms such as: fever, fatigue, difficulty breathing, dry cough, or other symptoms related to COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to the event.
- Isolation/Quarantine. I will not attend if I must isolate or quarantine because I may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19, if I am awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, if I have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days, or if I have tested positive on a rapid test, even if I am not experiencing symptoms.
- COVID-19 Exposure. I will not attend if I have been in close physical contact (six feet or closer for at least 15 minutes cumulatively over a 24-hour period) with a person who is known to have laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 or with anyone who has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Behavior. While at the event, I will follow all health and safety protocols as required by the facility and ESA. These precautions may include, but are not limited to, engaging in appropriate social distancing, wearing a mask in public areas and meeting spaces (if required), minimizing face touching, frequently washing my hands and avoiding high-risk environments such as overcrowded bars or restaurants.
- Masks. I will wear an appropriate mask, as recommended by the CDC and local public health departments, at all times while indoors at the convention center, including while presenting. My mask will cover my nose and mouth and can be described as an N95, KN95, surgical or multi-layered mask. I may remove my mask briefly for eating and drinking, and I will resume wearing a mask promptly when finished.
- On-Site Illness. Once I am onsite at the event, I agree not to attend the meeting if I am experiencing symptoms such as: fever, fatigue, difficulty breathing, dry cough, or other symptoms related to COVID-19. I agree to promptly report a positive COVID-19 test to the ESA staff.
- Expenses Due to COVID-19. I acknowledge that I am solely responsible for all costs related to COVID-19 virus prevention and mitigation, including testing, medical care, extended hotel stays, changes in travel arrangements, and any other expenses related to COVID-19.
- Waiver of Liability. I agree to uphold the Waiver of Liability described during the registration process.
I have read and understand this Code of Conduct. I further understand violating any portion of this code of conduct may result in removal from event activities. It is agreed that if my registration was made by someone else, these rules will still apply to me.
If you have any further questions or concerns about this policy, please email email@example.com.