Green Opportunities, Diversity Workshop and Career Fair
Friday, February 17, 2023
Thank you for your interest.
Registration is now closed.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
WHO SHOULD EXHIBIT
Organizations / Employers from:
- Academic institutions
- Community organizations
- Government agencies
- Paid Job or Internship Opportunities
- Career Development Resources
- Mentoring Programs
- Postdoc opportunities
To participate in the EcologyPlus Career Fair, resources, programs, services and opportunities must be available at no charge to applicants. We understand some exceptions may apply such as courses or conferences. We strongly encourage scholarships to be offered in those cases.
Each exhibitor is limited to two representatives.
WHAT YOU MIGHT CONTRIBUTE
During this event there will be time for both indepth discussion, networking and mentoring. All exhibitors are highly valued as professionals with much insight to share.
As a professional, we hope you will participate in two opportunities that engage our participants:
- Facilitated small group discussions in the morning to develop a) the top three messages to employers and b) the top three messages to prospective job seekers.
- Networking lunch: On the theme, “Telling your journey”, we invite you to share your career journey with the students you will be with. Students will be advised to take the lead to ask questions. We want to encourage students to feel comfortable talking with professionals, something they may have limited experience with.
- Lead a mini-workshop for career-building.
If you are interested in leading a mini workshop, please contact us ASAP at email@example.com with a title, a 40-word description and presenter contact information. Spots are limited! Topics of interest include, but not limited to:
- Interview tips
- Building your resume
- Grad School 101
- How to match academic skills with employer expectations
While this is a FREE event, we request that exhibitors:
- Bring items for door prizes for your table. We will provide raffle tickets that can be used for the drawings.
- Provide one item, suggested value of $30 – towards a set of grand prizes to be given out at the end of the career fair. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details about what you are able to contribute by February 10. You can drop off your contribution for the grand prize at the registration table.
University of the District of Columbia
Student Center Ballroom
4200 Connecticut Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20008
Closest Metro Station – Red Line
Van Ness – UDC Metro Station (0 miles from venue)
Friday, February 17, 2023
9:00 am – 2:30 pm