ESA Bulletin reflects on the Society’s first 100 years
In recognition of ESA’s centennial in 2015, the Bulletin is publishing a series on the Society’s history, its practitioners, and the history of ecology as a discipline.
Most links below open PDFs from the Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America. For more reviews and reflections, visit the References page.
- The Ecological Society of America at Mid-Century: Finding Its Voice, by Sharon Kingsland, from the Bulletin, Vol. 96:390–399, July 2015.
- The Ecological Society of America: Founders, Founding Stories, Foundations, by Sharon Kingsland, Vol 96:5–11, January 2015.
- Decade by decade reviews by Kiyoko Miyanishi, July 2013 to present.
- The Diverse Contributions of J. Roger Bray and Gwendolyn Struik, by Orie Loucks, Vol 96:400–402, July 2015.
- W. S. Cooper As I Knew Him: Teacher, Mentor and Friend, by Jean H. Langenheim, Vol. 96:184–208, April 2015.
- Cover photo details: some founding members, profiles of Henry Chandler Cowles, Victor Ernest Shelford, William Morton Wheeler, and Forrest Shreve. Vol 96:3–4, January 2015.