SEEDS Partnerships for Undergraduate Research (SPUR) Summer Opportunities
All summer opportunities provide:
- Round trip Airfare / mileage
- Ground transportation on site if needed,
- Research materials or equipment
- Research Mentor
Other Educational programming
- Weekly educational opportunities on-site e.g. seminars
- Career development / awareness activities
Partnership Sites will have the final word on fellow selection. All partners are able to offer a range of independent projects and mentors are willing to work with you to develop and execute your project. You may select basic research, conservation / applied research, as well as education projects.
All fellows are expected to develop a question for your study, write a proposal, develop the methodology, conduct the study and analyze results, thereby concluding a mini-thesis by the time you complete your summer. You may also have the opportunity to present your research on-site at the end of the summer.
Regardless of your research focus, you may also have the opportunity to assist and implement site-based outreach activities to develop your skills in planning and executing events and educational programs. Additional career development activities are also provided at most locations.
Please review each partnership site before you start your application. You can select up to 3 sites in the application process.
List of Partnership Research Sites for 2020-2021SPUR Fellowship:
- ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY – URBAN RESILIENCE TO EXTREMES SRN (ARIZONA)
- CARY INSTITUTE FOR ECOSYSTEMS STUDIES – REU IN TRANSLATIONAL ECOLOGY (NEW YORK)
- CENTRAL ARIZONA-PHOENIX LTER – URBAN ECOLOGY REU (ARIZONA)
- URBAN WATER INNOVATION NETWORK – SUSTAINABLE URBAN WATER TRANSDISCIPLINARY REU (NATION WIDE)
- W.K. KELLOGG BIOLOGICAL STATION – REU IN ECOLOGICAL AND EVOLUTIONARY DYNAMICS (MICHIGAN)
Application deadline is February 28, 2020.