July 2016 Bulletin Rich in History
- Historical Records Committee Newsletter: Upcoming Sessions at the Annual Meeting, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
- Bill Reiners reflects on the “Cowles-Cooper” tradition in plant ecology, as demonstrated by Murray and Helen Buell. By William A. Reiners.
- Robert Harding Whittaker and the Individualistic Hypothesis, by Malcolm Nicolson (first published April 2016).
- ESA’s Evolution in Public Policy and Media Outreach from 1993 to 2013, by Nadine Lymn (first published April 2016).
Resolutions honoring the memories of recently deceased ecologists:
- Resolution of Respect: paleoecologist Paul Collinvaux, 1930-2016, by Mark B. Bush, Melanie A. Riedinger‐Whitmore, Miriam Steinitz‐Kannan, Michael C. Miller, Paulo E. De Oliveira.
- Resolution of Respect: David Murray Gates 1921–2016, by Warren Porter.
- Resolution of Respect: physiological plant ecologist Ernest Davis Seneca, 1937–2015, by Arthur W. Cooper and Thomas R. Wentworth (first published April 2016).