This page provides access to historic information on winners of the following awards. For complete information on ESA Awards and how to submit nominations, please visit the main awards page.
- George Mercer Award, established in 1948, given for the outstanding ecological research paper published within the past two years by a younger researcher
- Eminent Ecologist Award, given annually since 1953 to a senior ecologist in recognition of an outstanding body of ecological work or of sustained ecological contributions of extraordinary merit
- Distinguished Service Citation, begun in 1975 to recognize long and distinguished service to the Society, the scientific community, and ecology in the public welfare
- Murray F. Buell Award, initiated 1977 to recognize the outstanding oral presentation by a student at the annual meeting
- Robert H. MacArthur Award, established 1983 to honor an ecologist in mid-career for meritorious contributions to research
- Honorary Membership, since 1985 has honored ecologists from outside North America who have made exceptional contributions to ecology
- William S. Cooper Award, created in 1985, recognizes outstanding contributors to the fields of geobotany and/or physiographic ecology
- E. Lucy Braun Award, 1988 on, honors the student who presents the outstanding poster presentation at the annual meeting
- Corporate Award, beginning in 1988, given to a corporation or business that has demonstrated accomplishments in incorporating sound ecological concepts, knowledge, and/or practices into its planning and operating procedures
- Eugene P. Odum Award for Excellence in Ecological Education, since 2000, honors outstanding work in outreach, mentoring, and other ecology education
- Sustainability Science Award, initiated in 2004, recognizes authors of outstanding recent paper in the emerging science of ecosystem and regional sustainability through the integration of ecological and social sciences
- Commitment to Human Diversity in Ecology Award (formerly the Diversity Award) provides recognition of long-standing contributions of an individual towards increasing the diversity of future ecologists through mentoring, teaching, or outreach.
See also Awards given by Chapters and Sections.
A table of all awards and award winners is available here.