Five Categories of Career Development Activities
- Participation in a research experience
Opportunities offered by universities such as those co-sponsored by SEEDS or through federal agencies or other entities including corporate entities. Research experiences may be a campus-based project; an independent project; REUs; or internships.
- Presentation at a local or national scientific conference (not necessarily, ESA meetings)
- Skills building institutes or workshops (at least 8-hours)
- Science skills such as ecoinformatics, modeling, GIS
- Science communication and policy
- Grantwriting, project management, publishing
- Participation in a Community or Service Learning Project related to ecology and society.
- Social media participation
- Complete a LinkedIn profile
- Actively contribute in the social media space
- e.g. start a meaningful topic on the SEEDS LinkedIn group
- post a blog, (e.g. interview with an ecologist)
- Comment on other posts.