Highlights from ESA Archives
ESA’s papers are held at the Hargrett Rare Book and Manuscript Library at the University of Georgia, Athens. The papers of distinguished ESA members and eminent ecologists are included in the collection. Documents collected go well beyond routine administrative matters and shed much light on the evolving history of ecology and of ESA over the century. Here we include a sample of documents to illustrate the diversity of materials that can be found in these papers.
A related collection is The Institute of Ecology (TIE) whose finding aid is online.
Explore these selections from the Archives:
Pioneer Ecologists who built the discipline
- Tribute to Homer Shantz, 1944
- Marion Ellis to A.G. Vestal, 1915
- Barrington Moore to Vestal, 1920
- Barrington Moore to A.G. Vestal, book review, 1930
- Cornelius Mueller to A.G. Vestal, economy and employment, 1930s
Role of Ecology in Society, ESA’s political voice