SEEDS Graduate Alumni Travel Awards:
The SEEDS program offers Alumni Travel Awards to former SEEDS students who continued their education to a graduate degree and wish to attend the ESA Annual Meeting and serve as near peers in the support network for SEEDS undergraduate students.
The 103rd ESA Annual Meeting – Extreme events, ecosystem resilience and human well-being will be held at the New Orleans Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana from August 5-10, 2018.
SEEDS Graduate Alumni Travel Award recipients receive an $1,000 travel scholarship to attend the ESA Annual Meeting
- participation in a past SEEDS event as an undergraduate (Field Trips, ESA Annual Meetings, Leadership Meetings or Fellowship)
- have completed or are currently enrolled in a graduate program in an institution within the United Sates
- Submitted a presentation for the 2018 ESA Annual Meeting – HERE!
Participants are selected based on; potential for serving as a mentor or teacher, and demonstrated pursuit of a career in ecology and commitment to increasing opportunities for underrepresented students. Each selected SEEDS Alumni will be mentoring a group of undergraduate participants.
Preference will be given to students who:
- have experience mentoring
- demonstrate the pursuit of ecology (i.e. attending graduate school)
- plan to present research at the meeting
- exhibit promise in contributing to the ecology program at their home institution or in their community
- show promise as an educator or mentor.
Students that submit abstracts to present have a better chance of being selected for the award.
- Contact Information
- Academic Information
- Meeting presentations (oral or poster) information
- Resume or CV (PDF preferred – add your name to the document title)
- An Essay (400 word max.)
Application deadline is March 30, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST