SEEDS welcomes new schools to join the Chapter network and work toward increasing student awareness and interest in ecology. Ecology and ecology-related (Biology, Environmental Science, Earth Science…) clubs that are already in existence as well as newly formed student groups interested in ecology and the SEEDS mission may apply to become a SEEDS Campus Ecology Chapter.
- Certificate of membership recognizing the chapter’s participation in the SEEDS Campus Ecology Chapter program
- Chapter Grant opportunity to help each Chapter establish itself and/or sustain its presence on campus and beyond.
- SEEDS newsletter
- Potential for a visit from a SEEDS staff member to conduct a presentation or workshop on the program or careers in ecology
- Access to the Chapter and ESA member network
- Each chapter must support the mission of SEEDS – to promote ecology opportunities for underrepresented students or community members.
- Each chapter must have at least one faculty advisor or sponsor. The advisor(s) may be a member of the faculty or staff who is selected according to the criteria established by the chapter. Although there are no requirements for an advisor, the advisor should demonstrate a dedication and commitment to the chapter’s students and mission.
- Each chapter must have a student representative to serve as a liaison to the SEEDS program. It is the chapter’s responsibility to designate a representative and provide accurate contact information for this person to the program.
- To begin, each chapter should have at least 5 student members.
- SEEDS Chapter student members are not required to be ESA members, and we do not charge any membership fees.
- A yearly Chapter Report must be submitted to SEEDS Staff to be in good standing and qualify for financial support.
Please also send any relevant Chapter photos or other documents (<2MB) to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application hard copies are not necessary and are discouraged. Any relevant Chapter application materials that cannot be sent electronically may be mailed to: SEEDS Campus Ecology Chapters; Ecological Society of America; 1990 M Street NW, Suite 700 Washington, DC 20036.