About ESA Membership
ESA is a community of 9,000 scientists, researchers, decision makers, policy managers, and educators who are dedicated to understanding life on earth. Benefits of belonging to the Society include:
- RESEARCH: Online access to all ESA publications
- FRONTIERS IN ECOLOGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT: Monthly print copies and online access to this top-ranked journal
- ANNUAL MEETING: Attend the ESA 104th Annual Meeting in Louisville at a reduced rate
- MEMBER DIRECTORY: Identify and collaborate with researchers and professionals in your area (log in required)
- CERTIFICATION: Significantly lower application fees for ESA professional certification
- PUBLISHING GRANTS: Members may apply for page charge grants for ESA journals that make publishing effectively free
- ENGAGEMENT: Advance your career through volunteering positions, peer mentorship, education and diversity initiatives
- CHAPTERS-SECTIONS: Connect by topic through our 32 special interest groups of Section or meet locally with a regional Chapter
- IMPACT: Your membership in ESA supports the field of ecological science
- ADVOCACY: We work with media to convey the value of ecological research results to the general public, as well as to garner federal support for ecological research
ESA Family of Journals
Member rates are based on annual income. Discounted memberships are offered to students and developing country residents.
Click here for more information on our membership categories and dues.
Ready to join ESA?